|Cette page n’est pas écrite en français. Si tu peux – traduis-la et supprime ce modèle, s’il te plaît.|
|Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases!|
|Batman: The Brave and the Bold|
|Airdate||April 1, 2011|
|Written By||Paul Dini|
|Directed By||Ben Jones|
Bat-Mite Presents: Batman's Strangest Cases! is the twenty-fifth episode of the second season of Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The tone and look of this segment is based on the original Batman and Scooby-Doo crossovers seen on The New Scooby-Doo Movies.
The gang teams up with Batman and Robin to stop The Joker and Penguin from finding Bulldog Benson's fortune.
SynopsisModifierWhen the Scooby Gang go to attend a concert by "Weird Al" Yankovic they get strange remarks from employees there. They learn from an usher that the theater is haunted by The Footlight Phantom. They unmask the phantom and discover it is the Joker in disguise. The Joker and his partner, the Penguin, place the gang in a diabolical deathtrap.
Batman and Robin then arrive and rescue them. They explain the Joker and the Penguin are after the fortune of Bulldog Benson and they team up with the Scooby Gang to catch the Joker and the Penguin. Shaggy and Scooby pretends to be the Ghost of Bulldog Benson to stop them but his plan backfires. A struggle then begins, in which Bat-Mite intervenes by giving all the combatants enhanced fighting abilities. The Joker and the Penguin are knocked out and sent to prison.
Cast and charactersModifier
- Footlight Phantom/Joker & Penguin
- Ghost of Bulldog Benson/Shaggy and Scooby
|Ticket window girl||Warned the gang away from the theater.|
|Usher||Described the Footlight Phantom in a spooky manner.|
|Joker as the Footlight Phantom
Penguin as his partner in crime
|To find the lost fortune of Bulldog Benson.|
|Shaggy and Scooby as the Ghost of Bulldog Benson||To stop The Joker and Penguin.|
- Gotham City
- For this segment Frank Welker voices Batman instead of Diedrich Bader.
- The usher that warns them resembles Pietro a villain from Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!.
- The Footlight Phantom costume is based on the one originally worn by Mrs. Baker in The New Scooby-Doo Movies episode, The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair.
- The costumes the Joker and the Penguin wear to disguise themselves to hide from Batman, Robin, and the Scooby Gang are the same ones they wore in The New Scooby Doo Movies episode, The Caped Crusader Caper.
- When the Joker and the Penguin are hiding by the wall next to them are the costumes for Redbeard's Ghost, The Ghost Clown, The Black Knight, and The Ghost of Captain Cutler.
- It's debatable whether this episode should be considered canonical. The gang is placed in a death-trap that hinges on Scooby eating a large quantity of Scooby Snacks. If he does, a scale will go up and on the other side the whole gang will be lowered into a shark tank to die. Scooby says that he can't help himself, and begins to eat while his friends plead for him to stop. That crosses a moral line the real Scooby would never cross. Bat-Mite is an extra-dimensional prankster. He may be presenting something he made up, or something from an alternate universe than the normal Scooby canon.
- Most animation mistakes are done on purpose to poke fun at the actual ones done by animators of the original Scooby-Doo/Batman and Robin team-up episodes.